What You Can Do
The National Parents’ Day Coalition invites all people of faith and conscience to join together in celebrating and promoting the God-centered family ideal. The Coalition strives to educate couples in becoming more successful in establishing stable, loving families and promoting parenting as the most important job they will ever have. Activities of the National Parents’ Day Coalition in which you can participate include:
- Parents’ Day Celebrations – Join us in making Parents’ Day – the fourth Sunday of each July – a special day to uplift parenthood. Whether it is your city Coalition, civic organization, or faith congregation, make sure that your community taps into this important day of commemoration.
- Parents of the Year – From the local to the national level, the Parents’ Day Coalition honors “Parents of the Year”, couples who exemplify the standard and ideal of Godly parenthood. Contact us to find out how you can participate in your area, through nominating worthy couples, serving on a Selection Committee, etc.
- We want your help! – Join with us in the celebration of Parents’ Day. If you would like to volunteer, or if you know someone you would like to nominate for “Parents of the Year”, please fill out our handy online form: Parents’ Day Nomination
Criteria for Consideration in the Selection of Parents of the Year:
- Couple exemplifies qualities of sacrificial love.
- Parents have overcome major obstacles (emotional, physical, financial, etc.) to provide for children’s personal development and happiness.
- Couples exhibits qualities of personal moral virtue and/or religious commitment.
- Parents have a noteworthy record of contributions to their family and community.